Rates are calculated for each individual job and are in line with the guidelines of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders. I am happy to carry out proofreading of short documents as well as longer projects. My minimum charge is £20.
In order for me to provide you with a free, no obligation quote, please provide me with as much of the following information as possible:
- subject matter and type of document (e.g. blog post, short story)
- word count
- format (e.g. Word document, pdf)
- preferred submission and completion dates
- a representative sample of the work (approximately 5-10%)
- whether your work has had any editorial intervention to date.
Should you be happy to proceed with my services, I will provide you with a project agreement and a copy of my Terms and Conditions.
When I return the completed work, I will issue an invoice with my payment details. For long projects, I will invoice periodically as stages are completed, as discussed and agreed in advance with you. Payment is to be made by bank transfer.